Наше здоровье зависит от многих вещей: еды, хороших и плохих привычек, нашей физической активности. Наше здоровье влияет также на наше настроение.
* * *
Английские слова по теме: «Healthy Way of Life. Здоровый образ жизни». Список №1 (для начинающих)
- to keep fit — быть в форме
- healthy — полезный для здоровья
- healthy way of life — здоровый образ жизни
- unhealthy — вредный для здоровья
- to take care of health — заботиться о здоровье
- food rich in vitamins — пища богатая витаминами
- good / bad habit — хорошая / плохая привычка
- get rid of a bad habit — избавиться от плохой привычки
- give up smoking — бросить курить
- take up playing sports — заняться спортом
* * *
Упражнение 1. Translate into Russian.
- decease — заболевание
- avoid — избегать
- produce — производить
- Everybody wants to live a long healthy life. Nowadays such life has become a dream. Because of pollution people have a lot of deceases.
- Being healthy means being happy as well. In other words, when you are healthy, you are happy, you can work and rest well. If you are ill, nothing seems nice.
- Some people think they are healthy, if nothing in their body hurts. The best way to stay healthy is to do sports. Doing exercises is the best way to avoid depression.
- Today everybody wants to be fit, feel good, look slim and stay young. Many fitness clubs and sports centres have been built during the past years. These modern centres are competing with cinemas and theatres for people who go there to spend their time.
- The word “vitamin” comes from the Latin word “life”. Men and animals do not produce vitamins in their bodies and must take vitamins, because they help the bodies work well. If we don’t take vitamins, we can die. People can take vitamins in pills and from fruit and vegetables.
- People who smoke have yellow teeth and problems with lungs. But smoking is bad not only for the smokers, but for the non-smokers who are around too.
* * *
Упражнение 2. Answer the questions.
- What does it mean to be healthy?
- Is healthy lifestyle popular in Russia?
- Do you do anything to keep fit?
- What do you do?
- Why are vitamins important?