Здравствуйте! Если relative pronouns (относительные местоимения) понадобились вам, значит вы уже на уровне intermediate изучения английского языка. Ведь эти местоимения используются при написании письменных работ намного чаще, чем в разговорной речи. С помощью них мы делаем предложения более длинными, соединяя из простых в сложные. В этом уроке вас ждут упражнения на относительные местоимения.
- I am going to visit Steve. I told you about him yesterday. (разг. речь)
- I am going to visit Steve who I told you about yesterday. (письм. речь)
Относительные местоимения. Упражнения (intermediate)
Упражнение 1. Заполните пропуски, используя who, which, where, whose.
- I don’t agree with people… say that all modern music is rubbish.
- That’s the music … I like best of all.
- The shop … I bought this CD is next to the post office.
- The man … party I went to is a composer.
- I’ve broken the vase … you presented me.
- That’s the only rock group … music I like.
- Musicians … are really successful work hard.
* * *
Упражнение 2. Заполните пропуски местоимениями that, which, who, whom, whose, where. Поставьте в скобки те из них, которые можно опустить. Переведите предложения.
A. Придаточные определительные в роли дополнения
1.I like the song … Jane sang yesterday. 2. This is the boy …. bicycle Tom borrowed. 3. It was the best film … I’ve ever seen. 4. Here is the man …. has lost his dog. 5. He showed me his new car, … is very modern and expensive. 6. This is the dictionary… I bought yesterday. 7. She is the girl .. I saw yesterday. 8. Let us meet in the park … we got acquainted.
B. Придаточные определительные в роли подлежащего
1.The job … I applied for is in Manchester. 2. The hotel … I stayed during the summer was excellent. 3. The photo … I liked was taken in England. 4. The man … I met was Andrew Manson. 5. The boy … dog was lost was very unhappy. 6. The people … I got acquainted were all very pleasant. 7. The picture … hangs on the wall was painted by my sister. 8. The money … was in my pocket has been stolen.
* * *
Упражнение 3. Вставьте относительные местоимения, где нужно.
- My uncle works for a company… makes cars.
- The book is about the man … made wonderful things.
- It seems … the Earth is the only planet… life exists.
- Have you found the notebook …. you lost?
- What was the name of the man… wife had been taken to the hospital?
- Is there a shop near here … I can buy bread?
- The reason… I am phoning you is to invite you to the party.
- She game me the money, … I put in my pocket.
* * *
Упражнение 4. Соедините предложения, используя относительные местоимения.
1.Не is the man. He lives next door. 2. This is the picture. You presented to me last month. 3. These are the gloves. I found them on the train. 4. I met two actors. We watched them on TV show last night. 5. This is the house. My father built it many years ago. 6. The person got a reward. He took the lost wallet to the police station. 7. Where is the letter? I put it in the table.8. This is the picture. I took it on holidays.
* * *
Упражнение 5. Соедините предложения, используя относительные местоимения.
1.This is the house. I was born here. 2. That is the woman. She gave you the book. 3. That is the book. The woman gave it to you. 4. Where is the shop? You bought the book there. 5. Is that the man? He owns the shop. 6. Is that the woman? She married the man. He owns the shop. I bought the book there.
* * *
Упражнение 6. В данном тексте содержится 11 ошибок. Найдите и исправьте их.
The town which I was born has changed greatly over the last fifty years. Now there is a modern shopping center on the place that my school used to be and all the children whose went there have grown up and moved away. The local cinema, that was built several years ago, used to be a dance hall which big bands played. The park, where was my favourite place as a child, is now a car park. Some things are still the same though. Mrs Jones, whom is now seventy years old, still lives in the High Street and Mr Jones still owns the baker’s shop, that two sons now work instead of him. The hospital where I was born in is still standing, although it is now much bigger than it was at the time which I was born. On the day which my family and I left our town we were all very sad.
* * *
Упражнение 7. Дайте определения данным словам, используя определительные придаточные предложения. Используйте слова: mechanism, piece of furniture, machine, water reservoir, thing, person, place.
ОБРАЗЕЦ An island is a piece of land which is surrounded by water.
1.a teacher (to teach students); 2. a watch (to show the time); 3. a park (to go for walks); 4. a swimming pool (to swim); 5. a bank (to keep your money); 6. baker’s (to buy bread); 7. a dictionary (find the translation of the words); 8. a mixer (to mix things with) 9. an armchair (to relax in it); 10. a fork (to eat with).
* * *
Упражнение 8. Перепишите предложения, опустив относительные местоимения и поставив предлоги в нужное место.
1.This is the train by which I came. 2. Do you know the boy to whom I was talking? 3. The people with whom I live are very pleasant. 4. This is the box out of which he took the money. 5. I don’t know the man to whom you wrote a letter. 6. The man from whom I got the information is a lawyer.
* * *
Упражнение 9. Соедините предложения, поставив предлоги в нужное место.
- She is the girl. I gave flowers to her.
- That is the park. I passed by it.
- That is the dress. I have paid for it.
- This is the music. We listened to it yesterday.
- That is the man. I spoke to him the other day.
- I am looking for a man. One can rely on him.
- She is the girl. I told you about her.
* * *
Упражнение 10. Подумайте, как можно закончить данные предложения.
- There is a boy who … .
- Do you know the man who …?
- We went shopping to the market which ….
- We went shopping to the market where ….
- The hotel where ….
- I bought a book which ….
- That is the house which …..
- That is the house where ….
* * *
Упражнение 11. Переведите на английский.
- Человек, который звонил вам, не назвал своего имени.
- Вы видели фотографии, которые я принес?
- Вы задаете вопросы, на которые трудно ответить.
- Обед, который ты приготовила, очень вкусный.
- Это книги, о которых я тебе говорил.
- Ты знаешь человека, с которым разговаривает Анна?
- Тебе нравится отель, в котором вы остановились?
- Где цветы, которые я тебе подарил?
Поздравляем! Вы выполнили 11 упражнений по теме «Relative Pronouns. Относительные местоимения в английском языке».