Повторяем времена группы Past — Past Tenses, а именно Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect. Упражнения взяты из сборника упражнений Ю. Голицынский, частично изменены и дополнены. В конце раздела «Повторение» вам предлагается выполнить заключительный тест.
Времена группы Past (Simple, Continuous, Perfect, Perfect Continuous) — повторение. Past Tenses Revision
A. Сопоставьте время глагола Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect, Past Perfect Continuous и характер действия:
- действие происходило давно и не связано с настоящим
- действие, которое происходило в какой-то момент в прошлом (процесс)
- последовательность действий в прошлом
- действие, которое уже закончено к определенному моменту в прошлом
- действие, которое началось в прошлом и происходило на какой-то момент уже в течение некоторого времени
В. Подберите примеры:
a. Дети занимались английским с 16.00 до 18.00.
b. Она приготовила ужин к времени его прихода.
c. Когда я пришел домой, дети ждали меня уже несколько часов.
d. В детстве я любил играть в солдатики (tin soldires).
e. Мы пошли на рыбалку, поймали много рыбы, затем приготовили уху и съели ее.
С. Переведите примеры на английский язык.
* * *
Упражнения на прошедшие времена в английском языке Past Simple, Past Continuous и Past Perfect в сравнении
Упражнение вводное. Сопоставьте время глагола и временное выражение.
then, when? (вопрос), when he came, when (в значении after) he came, before he came, from 2 till 3, at 5 o`clock yesterday, by the time he came, yesterday, last night/ year, a week/month ago, in 1999, the other day, while, all day/ night/ morning, after, etc.
Past Simple: ___________________
Past Continuous: ____________________
Past Perfect: ___________________
* * *
Упражнение 1. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Perfect.
1. By two o’clock the teacher (to examine) all the students.
2. On my way to school I (to remember) that I (to leave) my report at home.
3. All my friends (to be) glad to hear that I (to pass) all the exams successfully.
4. The poor boy (to open) his eyes, (to look) around and (to try) to remember what (to happen) to him.
5. All the passengers (to see) at once that the old man (to travel) a lot in his life.
6. By the time we (to come) to see him, he (to leave) home.
7. During the holidays my friend (to visit) the village where he (to live) in his childhood.
8. When they (to enter) the hall, the performance already (to begin).
9. When I (to come) home, my mother (to go) shopping.
10. He (to study) French before he (to enter) the university.
* * *
Упражнение 2. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple или Past Perfect.
1. I (to think) he already (to go) home.
2. I (not to see) him after we (to meet )at the concert.
3. He (to leave) the house before I (to have ) time to ask him anything.
4. After he (to spend) some days in Paris he (to feel) lonely and (to want) to return home.
5. He (to speak) a language we never (to hear) before.
6. When the rain (to stop), I (to look ) out of the window.
7. The telegram (to come) some minutes after he (to leave).
8. She (to think) that Tom and Lanny (to quarrel).
9. The girl (to be) glad that she (to find) a seat near the window.
10. He (to remember) that he (not to ring) her up in the morning.
11. By the time the train (to reach) the city, he (to make) friends with many passengers.
12. When my uncle (to leave), he (to hurry) to the station to book a ticket.
* * *
Сравните употребление Past Simple, Past Continuous и Past Perfect
Упражнение 3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple, Past Continuous и Past Perfect.
1. By eight o’clock yesterday I (to finish) my work and at eight I (to play) the piano.
2. By six o’clock father (to come) home and at six he (to have) dinner.
3. By nine o’clock yesterday grandmother (to wash) the dishes and at nine she (to watch) TV.
4. When I (to meet) Tom, he (to eat) an ice-cream which he (to buy) at the corner of the street.
5. When father (to come) home, we (to cook) the mushrooms which we (to gather) in the wood.
6. When I (to see) Ann, she (to look) at the flowers which she (to pick) in the field.
7. When I (to come) home yesterday, I (to see) that my little brother (to break) my pen and (to play) with its pieces.
8. When I (to open) the door of the classroom, I (to see) that the teacher already (to come) and a student (to write) a test.
9. When I (to come) home my sister (to read) a book which she (to bring) from the library.
10. When mother (to come) home, the children (to eat) the soup which she (to cook) in the morning.
11. When I (to ring) up Mike, he still (to learn) the poem which he (to begin) learning at school.
12. When I (to look) out of the window, the children (to play) with a ball which Pete (to bring) from home.
* * *
Упражнение 4. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple, Past Continuous u Past Perfect.
Last night we (to go) to a football match. We (to take) a bus. The bus (to be) overcrowded as many people (to want) to see the match. We (to get) off the bus and (to go) in the direction of the stadium. While we (to cross) the road, I (to see) Victor. He (to stand) at the corner. He said he (to wait) for his friend who (to come) to St. Petersburg the day before and (to wish) to see the new stadium. A man (to come) up to me and asked if I (to have) a spare ticket for the match. Victor told us that two boys just (to ask) him whether he (to have) a spare ticket. We (to enter) the stadium just as the football players (to come) out on to the field. At the entrance to the stadium we (to meet) Sergei. He (to show) us to our seats and (to ask) me if I (to play) football in my childhood. We (to agree) to meet in the snack bar during the interval.
* * *
Упражнение 5. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Past Simple, Past Continuous u Past Perfect.
1. There (to be) two men in the room. One of them (to write) something while the other (to read) a newspaper.
2. He (not to tell) me that he (to receive) a telegram from her.
3. She (to say) that he (to give) her the wrong address.
5. I (to ask) him where he (to put) my hat.
6. He (to tell) us that they (to spend) all the money.
7. I (to sit) in an armchair and (to think) of my coming trip across the North Sea when the door suddenly (to open) and an old friend of mine whom I (not to see) for a very long time (to enter) the room.
8. She (to come) to see us just at the time when we (to have) dinner. It (to be) the first time I (to see) her.
9. I (to see) him when he (to leave) the hotel.
10. He (to leave) the house before I (to have) time to ask him anything.
11. I (to find) the old man in the garden. He (to talk) to some children who (to stand) around listening to him.
12. He (to tell) me that he (to learn) it from the newspaper.
13. He (to enter) the room, (to take) something from the desk and (to go) out.
* * *
Заключительный тест на времена группы Past
(уровень 2, средний)
Данный тест можно использовать для проверки знаний уровня знаний по английскому языку в 10 классе средней школы).
* * *