Дорогой друг! Если вы уже изучили список английских слова по теме «Clothes» №2 (intermediate), то переходим к упражнениям по теме «Clothes». Упражнения усложняются по возрастанию и в конце предлагаются задания экзаменационного типа (задания в формате ЕГЭ: описание картинок по теме «Clothes»).
Clothes. Упражнения для закрепления лексики по теме «Одежда»
>Упражнение 1.<Read and translate.
Janet: I met your mother in the clothing shop yesterday.
Nancy: Is that so? What were you doing there?
Janet: I went to see if I could find a nice jacket. Something to go with my red dress.
Nancy: Did you see anything you liked?
Janet: Yes, but they didn’t have my size – only big sizes.
Nancy: Perhaps you could make it smaller?
Janet: I was thinking of that. I asked your mother, but she said it would be difficult. She said better wait until I found my own size, and I agreed with her.
Answer the questions:
- Who went shopping yesterday?
- What did she shop for?
- What kind of shop did she go to?
- Did she find the thing?
- Did she buy it? If not, explain why?
- What was her friend advice?
- What did she decide to do, in the end?
<Упражнение 2.Say what the girl is wearing.
Упражнение 3.Say what the man is wearing.
Упражнение 4.Вставьте артикль, где нужно и переведите предложения.
1. He’s looking for … plain shirt, but all shirts are striped.
2. I’m looking for … pair of … black pants.
3. She’s looking for … blouse.
4. I bought … new hat yesterday. … shop assistant said it suited me very well.
5. Where did you buy this overcoat? — I bought it at… big store in Oxford Street on … Tuesday.
6. My sister bought … blue hat on … Wednesday. … colour suits her very nicely as she has got … blue eyes.
7. I must buy … pair of … new gloves.
8. Where is … shoe department? — It is on … third floor.
9. I think … coat is a little tight. I don’t like … hat you have chosen. … colour is ut becoming to you.
10.I am going to give him … silk tie as … birthday present. He likes ties.
Упражнение 5. Ответьте на вопросы (1-4).
- What clothes are fashionable nowadays?
- What do young people wear?
- Is there one fashion for everyone?
- Does age have anything to do with fashion and the clothes we wear?
1. style – стиль (casual, formal, fashionable, smart)
2. items of clothing – предметы одежды (jacket or jumper, trainers or slippers, skirt or trousers, shirt or T-shirt)
3. fabrics — ткань (made of cotton, wool, linen, silk, leather, lycra)
4. patterns — рисунок (plain, flowery, striped, checked)
5. colours – цвет
Упражнение 6.Read the opinions about clothes and fashion. What opinion do you share?
- highlight — подчеркивать
- features — черты
- offer — предлагать
- as a rule — как правило
- go camping — ходить в походы
- trend — тенденция (направление в моде)
- used to be — когда-то была
- go bankrupt — обанкротятся
- Opinion 1. People often wear very fashionable and expensive clothes but sometimes they can’t wear them well or wear the clothes which highlight their problems. To my mind, people should choose the clothes which are not fashionable, but which highlight their best features.
- Opinion 2. I don’t care what to wear as I don’t go out very often. As a rule, we spend evenings at home, sometimes we go camping at weekends. So, I don’t see any reason to wear fashionable clothes. I prefer to wear casual clothes because they are comfortable.
- Opinion 3. I believe that people who say they don’t care for fashionable clothes, usually simply don’t understand how to wear them. Or they don’t have enough money to follow the latest trends. As for me, I’d prefer to have trendy clothes than out-of-date ones.
- Opinion 4. To my mind, there is no fashion today. It used to be at the beginning of the 20-th century, when fashion houses offered new styles every decade. Nowadays fashion doesn’t offer anything new. Everything can be fashionable. I believe fashion houses will go bankrupt soon.
Упражнения (задания) экзаменационного типа (в формате ЕГЭ, ОГЭ). Картинки по теме «Clothes»
Задание 1.Выберите одну из фотографий (А-С) опишите изображенного на ней человека. Опишите его внешность и одежду, предположите, что он за личность и чем зарабатывает на жизнь.
Задание 2.Выберите человека, который вам симпатичен, и опишите его, отвечая на вопросы (1-3).
- What does he/she look like?
- What personality does he/she have?
- Why do you like him/her?
Задание 3.Посмотрите на фото (А-С) и ответьте на вопросы (1-6).
- How are the people in the pictures dressed?
- Are they properly dressed for: work, a party, the opera, a wedding ceremony, housework, shopping? Why?
- Which of the styles do you like best? Why?
- Which style is the most similar to the way you dress? Describe your style in clothes.
- Are clothes important in your life? Do you spend a lot of time thinking about what to wear?
- Are our clothes responsible for the impression we make on other people?
Задание 4.Выберите одну из тем (1-8). Подготовьте свое мнение, затем обсудите тему с партнером.
- What influences our personality: our genes or the environment in which we grow up? Give your reason.
- Does our nationality determine the way we think and act? In what way?
- Do you believe in horoscopes? Can our date of birth influence our character?
- Is there a person in your family with an interesting biography? Describe him or her.
- Would you ever consider having plastic surgery? Why? Why not?
- Does changing our appearance (hairstyle, clothes) change our personality as well?
- Would you agree to have a heart transplant? Can having another person’s heart change your identity?