Данный текст «The Role of Mass Media» не является образцом для письменной работы, например, такой как эссе, и, тем более, топиком для заучивания. Однако он содержит много аргументов и полезных выражений по теме «Средства массовой информации», некоторые из которых вы вполне можете использовать в своем собственном высказывании.
Text «The Role of Mass Media»
It has always been impossible to imagine our life without the mass media. The most ancient mass media are books. Nowadays the most important mass media are newspapers, magazines, radio, television, and the Internet.
All mass media are supposed to inform, educate and entertain people. Subconsciously they influence the way people look at the world and make them change their views. They even help to mould public opinion.
Let us consider the advantages and disadvantages of different mass media.
On the one hand, radio, television and the press are valuable because they help to get the latest news, including the weather forecast. We can get information from the Internet in a few minutes. Besides, listening to the radio, watching films on TV, reading the press or navigating the Internet is a good way to relax.
On the other hand, the mass media usually focus on negative information. Watching news programs we primarily learn about war, crimes, disasters, and accidents. Negative information causes stress and bad mood. Some children may become aggressive if they watch violent programmes. What is more, there is a lot of gossip in the press and on TV. The latter is also abounds in stupid chat shows, endless daily soap operas and terrible action films.
Some people are complaining that nowadays the media are full of violence and advertising. On the whole, it is true. But nobody makes you to watch it. You have a choice and you are free to choose.
The situation is the same with the Internet, which is considered to be the newest kind of mass media. It’s a powerful means of communication and a great source of information which helps in school studies. As for me, I use the Internet for finding information and for communicating with my mates. I also download music and films.
To sum up, the mass media are an essential part of modern society. We are able to benefit from their advantages and have to copy with their disadvantages.
Some more facts:
- Some young people can’t do without a mobile, even in the underground or during the lunch break. …..
- There are dozens of radio stations in Russia. Most of them broadcast music of a definite style, for example Radio Chanson broadcasts Russian chanson.
- There are talk shows and intellectual quizzes on many radio stations. Radio has another advantage: you can do something and listen to the radio at the same time.
- Nowadays many families have several TV sets. Both television and the Internet give people a chance to learn about the world.
- Английские слова для изучения
- Английский язык самостоятельно на сайте EnglishInn.