Прилагательные на -ED/-ING (или причастия) часто вызывают трудности в употреблении. Чтобы разобраться, когда употреблять прилагательное на ED, а когда на ING, нужно запомнить следующее правило.
Прилагательное на -ED характеризует СОСТОЯНИЕ предмета (человека):
ПРИМЕР. interested — заинтересованный, tired — уставший,
Прилагательное на -ING характеризует КАЧЕСТВО предмета (человека):
ПРИМЕР. interesting -интересный, tiring — утомляющий
Adjectives Ending ED/ING. Прилагательные на ED/ING. Упражнения
Упражнение 1. Составьте предложение из заданных слов.
- was, I, boring, because, bored, the book, was
- My parents, worrying, the situation, because, is, are, worried
- was, He, excited, because, the party, exciting, was
- was, They, tiring, because, tired, the trip (поездка) , were
- My classmates, interesting, the lesson, because, were, was, interested
- I, relaxing, the music, because, is, am, relaxed
- We, surpised, surprising, the story, a end, has, are, because.
- They, puzzled, the crossword, because, were, was, puzzling
* * *
Упражнение 2. Выберите подходящее слово.
1. I’m interesting/interested in collecting stamps.
2. Everyone is depressed/depressing by the awful weather.
3. I think that airports are exciting/excited places.
4. I’m tired/tiring. I think I’ll go to bed.
5. The journey was exhausted/exhausting!
6. It’s not surprising/surprised that she’s busy. She’s got six children.
7. The teacher was annoying/annoyed because I had forgotten to do my homework.
8. He loved the museum — he thought it was fascinating/fascinated.
9. We went to the cinema but I was very boring/bored because I had seen the film before.
10. I like this monkey. It is very amused/amusing.
* * *
Упражнение 3. Вставьте прилагательное из рамки в предложения.
1. What programme are you watching? Is it____?
2. ‘I’m going on a safari in Africa!’ ‘Really? How____!’
3. What time did you get home last night? I didn’t know where you were. I was very ______ about you.
4. The children are____and they don’t know what to do.
5. It was quite___ that he has passed the exam.
6. I was____ with the film. I expected it to be much better.
7. I don’t want to read this book. It is _______.
8. The cartoon was very _______. I laughed a lot.
9. I don’t want to go to the match. I’m not ________in football.
10. We were very ________when we heard the news.
* * *
Упражнение 4 (из учебника Мерфи)