Выполните упражнения ниже, чтобы научиться составлять предложения в Past Continuous и отработать четыре основных случая его употребления.
Упражнение 1. Заполните пропуски глаголом в Present Continuous и Past Continuous, используя правильную форму глагола be.
The Past Continuous Tense. Упражнения (уровень 1)
Существует 4 случая употребления The Past Continuous. Подробнее читайте – The Past Continuous. Случаи употребления в английском языке.
Упражнение 2. Заполните пропуски глаголом в Past Continuous, используя правильную форму глагола be.
- I ………… reading a book at 4 o’clock yesterday.
- You ………. reading a book.
- He ………. reading a book.
- We ………. reading a book.
- She ………. reading a book.
- They ………. reading a book.
* * *
Упражнение 3. Перед вами вчерашний список дел Эмили. Напишите, когда и что она делала. Используйте словосочетания:
- At 9 o’clock she was having breakfast.
- At 9.30 she…
- At 11a.m…
- At 1 p.m …
- At 3 p.m …
- At 5 p.m …
* * *
Упражнение 4. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Continuous или Past Continuous.
- I ______(to write) an English exercise now. I _______(to write) an English exercise at this time yesterday.
- My little sister _______(to sleep) now. My little sister ________(to sleep) at this time yesterday.
- My friends _______(not to do) their homework now. They _______(to play) volleyball.
- My friends ______(not to do) their homework at seven o’clock yesterday. They ______(to play) volleyball.
- What _____you ______(to do) now? — I _______(to drink) tea. ______you ______(to drink) tea at this time yesterday? — No, I ________(not to drink) tea at this time yesterday, I ________(to eat) a banana.
* * *
The Past Continuous Tense – прошедшее длительное время глагола часто путают с прошедшем простым временем (The Past Simple Tense). Давайте разберемся, чем отличаются эти времена друг от друга, для начала по построению. Для этого выполните упражнение 4.
Упражнение 4. Заполните пропуски глаголом в Past Simple и Past Continuous, используя правильную форму глагола be.
Выполните упражнения ниже, чтобы отработать второй случай употребления Past Continuous.
* * *
Упражнение 5. Заполните пропуски глаголом в Past Continuous и переведите предложения.
- When I went out into the garden, the sun ______(to shine).
- I __________(to eat) ice cream when you met me in the park yesterday.
- When I came home, Tom ______ (to speak) over the phone.
- Somebody got into the room when we ________(to sleep).
- He saw Jane when she ______ (to cross) the street.
- He ______(to wait) for Jenny when it started raining.
- The woman ______(to have) a bath when she felt bad.
- The man ______(to sit) by the window when he heard the noise.
- We _______(to watch TV) when the door bell rang.
- She______ (to read) when somebody knocked at the door.
- They _____(to talk) about him when he suddenly came in.
* * *
Упражнение 6. Спросите по образцу.
ОБРАЗЕЦ. When did you meet Jerry? I met Jerry when I was walking in the park.
- When did you break the window? (play football)
- When did she write the story? (fly to London)
- When did he catch that butterfly? (go through the fields)
- When did you cut your finger? (make dinner)
- When did you saw the rainbow? (walk in the garden)
* * *
Упражнение 7. Выберите правильный вариант.
- David (came / was coming) in when the children (wrote / were writing) a test.
- Mike (telephoned / was telephoning) me when I (took I was taking) a shower.
- Mike (spoke / was speaking) to me when his little sister (took / was taking) his book out of his schoolbag.
- We (met / were meeting) them when we (stood I were standing) at the bus stop.
- I (slept I was sleeping) when his mother (came / was coming) back.
- On Monday while he (cooked / was cooking) lunch the postman (brought/ was bringing) him a letter from his friend.
- When the teacher (came / was coming) into the classroom, the children (sat / were sitting) at their desks.
* * *
Упражнение 8. Ответьте на вопрос, что делали члены семьи, когда приехала тетя Дженни.
ОБРАЗЕЦ. What were family doing yesterday when aunt Jenny came?
- John / listen to the radio ___________________________________
- his sister / have a bath ___________________________________
- the baby / play ___________________________________
- Father / read a book ___________________________________
- Mother / clean the room _____________________________________
- the cat / sleep ___________________________________
- grandparents / watch TV ____________________________________
* * *
Упражнение 9. Составьте предложения по картинкам.
ОБРАЗЕЦ. When we came to see our friend, he was painting the fence.
- When my friend and I went outside it ….
- When Peter’s mother came into the room, he …..
- When I came home, my granny …
* * *
Упражнение 10. Составьте предложения по картинкам.
ОБРАЗЕЦ. While we were talking to our friend, he was painting the fence.
- People were standing frightened while the tiger…
- My mother was talking to me while I …
- The sun was shining brightly when Tom and Sam …
* * *
Упражнение 11. Составьте предложения по образцу, используя Past Simple или Past Continuous.
ОБРАЗЕЦ. Mum/wash up/telephone/ring. — Mum was washing up when the telephone rang.
- Tom/have a shower/doorbell/ring.
- Dad/have breakfast/post/arrive.
- Nancy/read a book/she/hear a noise.
- John/shop in town/he/meet Kevin.
- The whole class/write a test/I/come.
- We/drive along Park Avenue/something/go wrong in the car.
* * *
Упражнение 12. Прочитайте истроию, которая вполне могла случиться. Выберите правильный вариант глагола-действия.
I (met/was meeting) a friend while I (did/was doing) the shopping. While I (paid/was paying) for my things, I (heard/was hearing) someone call my name. I (turned/was turning) round and (saw/seeing) Paula. She (wore/was wearing) bright red coat. We (decided/were deciding) to have a cup of coffee. 6While we (had/ were having) a drink, a waiter (dropped/was dropping) pile of plates. We all (got/were getting) a terrible shock. While the waiter (picked/was picking) up the broken plates, he (cut/was cutting) his finger. We (left/were leaving) the cafe and (said/were saying) goodbye. I (finished/was finishing) my shopping and (went/was going) home.