State Verbs — это глаголы, которые не употребляются в длительных временах (во временах группы Continuous). Они рекомендуются для изучения на среднем уровне. Данный грамматический материал представляет некоторую сложность и поэтому я разделила его на несколько уровней. Полный список глаголов (State and Activity Verbs) вы найдете ЗДЕСЬ — Английские глаголы, которые не употребляются в Continuous. Для закрепления темы выполните упражнения ниже.
- State & Activity Verbs (уровень 1, упражнения)
- State & Activity Verbs (уровень 2, упражнения)
- State & Activity Verbs (уровень 3, упражнения)
* * *
Глаголы, которые не употребляются в длительных временах
State and Activity Verbs. Упражнения (уровень первый)
На первом и втором уровне мы рассмотрим глаголы, которые НИКОГДА не употребляются во временах группы Continuous.
* * *
Упражнение 1. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Continuous или в Present Simple.
- I (not to know) what to give my brother for his birthday.
- They (to want) to publish this book in July?
- He (to understand) that he (to eat) noisily, but he always (to forget) about it.
- Your family (to leave) St. Petersburg in summer? — Yes, we always (to go) to the seaside. We all (to like) the sea.
- Now I (to hate) him more than ever.
- You (to want) to see my father? — Yes, I (to need) him at the moment very much.
- He (to learn) English because he (to want) to get a better job.
- I (to call) my son in Cedar Falls now. I (to want) to call him every month but it (to be) very expensive.
- You (to hear) me now? How your job (to go)? — Great! I (to enjoy) it a lot.
- She (to want) to impress everybody.
- Listen to Greg! You (to understand) what language he (speak)?
- We (to know) he never (to be) late for work.
- Don’t disturb him. He just (to work) at his English. I (to hope) his English (to improve).
- I (not to like) to watch TV very often. But at the moment I (to enjoy) my favourite film.
* * *
Глаголы, которые не употребляются в длительных временах. Упражнения (уровень второй)
Упражнение 2. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Continuous или в Present Simple.
- You (to realize)that we are having a test tomorrow?
- If you (not to watch) the news, I’d change the channel.
- You can borrow my dictionary. I (not to need) it at the moment.
- George says that he has a note from the doctor but I (not to believe) him.
- Who (to be) that man who to (stand) in the doorway? — You (not to recognize) him? It (to be) John, my cousin.
- I haven’t got your idea. What you (to mean)?
- I (to wish) you good luck.
- I can’t say that I still (to love) her.
- Why you (to want) to know all details?
- How many new words you (to remember)?
- This car (to belong) to you now?
- Michael (to know) German rather well. He (to want) to know English, too, but he (to have) little time for it now.
* * *
Глаголы, которые не употребляются в длительных временах. Упражнения (уровень третий)
Упражнение 3. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Continuous или в Present Simple.
- You (to have) any idea where Rick (to be)? I (not see) him at work now.
- Hurry up! We (not to have) much time to spend here.— I (to come)!
- She (to try) to lose weight, but I (think) she (not to try) to do her best.
- She (to think) he (to drive) dangerously now.
- I (to think) she often (to worry).
- Your English (to get) better? — Yes, I (think) so.
- I (to have) no time now, I (to have) dinner.
- Where Tom and Nick (to be) now? — They (to have) a smoke in the garden.
- I haven’t decided yet what profession to choose. But I (think) about it.
- You (look) great in this new coat.
Упражнение 4. Выберите глагол в правильной форме.
- Terry is in bed. He has/is having a flu.
- He has/is having a mobile phone.
- I have been having/ have had this bag for years.
- I can’t come to the meeting because I have/ am having an appointment with the dentist at 3 o’clock.
- What’s the matter? Why do you look/are you looking at me like that?
- Have you lost anything? What are you looking for/do you look for?
- I know you have made up your mind but I feel/am feeling you are making a big mistake.
- Why are you feeling/do you feel your pockets? Have you lost anything?
- I am smelling/ smell the roses because I like their scent.
- The milk tastes/ is tasting bitter.