Вы изучили Reported Speech (правила для начинающих) и теперь приступаете к выполнению упражнений.
- Перевод предложений в косвенную речь в настоящем времени.
- Перевод предложений в косвенную речь в прошедшем времени.
- Перевод повелительных предложений.
Reported Speech. Упражнения для начинающих
Начнем с относительно простых упражнений на Reported Speech в настоящем времени. Вы будете переводить утвердительные и вопросительные предложения. Вспомните Правила 1-4.
Перевод предложений в косвенную речь в настоящем времени
Упражнение 1. Переведите утвердительные предложения в косвенную речь.
- «I am at home.» — He says that …
- «I have a dog.» — She says that …
- «We are from Russia.» — They say that …
- «I don’t drive a car.» — She says that …
- «I believe you.» — He says that …
* * *
Упражнение 2. Переведите вопросительные предложения в косвенную речь.
- «Why are you late?» — The teacher asks me …
- «Where is he from?» — The man asks him …
- «Why are you crying?» — Mother asks my sister …
- «How much cheese have you bought?» — Mother asks …
- «When did you go to Sochi?» — My friend wonders ….
- «How many kids have they got?» — My neighbour wonders …
- «What does she like doing?» — The teacher wonders …
- «Where will he go tomorrow?» — My Dad wonders …
* * *
Упражнение 3. Переведите вопросительные предложения в косвенную речь.
- «Can you speak French?» — My friend asks …
- «Was the trip interesting?» — Dad wonders …
- «Is there any food in the jug?» — The fox wonders …
- «Do you celebrate your birthday?» — My classmates ask …
- «Do they sell toys?» — The child asks …
- «Does he like coffee?» — She wonders …
- «Did she teach English at school?» — He asks …
- «Will he run in the park tomorrow?» — My friend asks ..
* * *
Перевод предложений в косвенную речь в прошедшем времени
Теперь переходим к более сложному уровню — переводу в косвенную речь предложений в прошедшем времени. Вы помните правило 5 на согласование времен? Прежде чем приступить к выполнению упражнений, рассмотрим, есть ли согласование времен в русском языке.
ПРИМЕРЫ согласования времен в английском языке
1.Не lives in New York. – Он живет в Нью Йорке.
I knew that he lived in New York. – Я знал, что он живет в Нью Йорке.
2.Mother is sleeping. – Мама спит.
I thought that mother was sleeping. – Я думал, что моя мама спит.
3.He bought a new car. – Он купил новую машину.
I heard that he had bought a new car. – Я слышал, что он купил новую машину.
Проанализируйте приведенные выше примеры и ответьте на вопрос:
Некоторые упражнения из этой статьи взяты из замечательного пособия Ю.В. Голицынского. Вы можете купить пособие — Английский язык. Грамматика. Сборник упражнений — Голицынский Ю.Б. | Купить книгу с доставкой | My-shop.ru
Упражнение 4. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на употребление времен в русском и английском языках.
- We did not know where our friends went every evening.
- We did not know where our friends had gone.
- She said that her best friend was a doctor.
- She said that her best friend had been a doctor.
- I didn’t know that you worked at the museum.
- I didn’t know that you had worked at the museum.
- I knew that you were ill.
- I knew that you had been ill.
- We found out that she left home at eight o’clock every morning.
- We found out that she had left home at eight o’clock that morning.
* * *
Перевод утвердительных предложений в косвенную речь (Reporting Statements)
Упражнение 5. Перепишите следующие предложения в прошедшем времени. Примените правило 5, то есть согласуйте время главного и придаточного предложения.
- Cyprus [‘saɪprəs] — Кипр
1. My uncle says that he has just come back from Cyprus. 2. He says that he has spent a fortnight (two weeks) in Cyprus. 3. He says that it did him a lot of good. 4. He says that he has got a good tan. 5. He says that his wife and he spent most of their time on the beach. 6. He says that they did a lot of sightseeing. 7. He that says he has a good camera. 8. He says that he took a lot of photos while travelling in Cyprus. 9. He says that he will come to see there again. 10. He says that he will bring and show us the photographs he took during his stay in Cyprus.
* * *
Упражнение 6. Перепишите следующие предложения в прошедшем времени. Обратите внимание на зависимость времени придаточного дополнительного предложения от времени главного (взято из учебника Ю.В.Голицынского).
1. Mike says he is sure Ann and Kate will be excellent guides. 2. He says they have made good progress in English. 3. Oleg says that some English students will come to pay a visit to their school and he will probably have to act as an interpreter. 4. Ann says she has just met Boris in the street. 5. She says Boris told her a lot of interesting things about his travels in the South. 6. Nick says he is going to the hotel to see his friends, who have just arrived in St Petersburg from the United States of America. 7. He says they have not been in their beloved city for a long time. 8. He says they were friends at school. 9. He says he will take them to the theatre on Sunday. 10. They say they will write him a letter when they return home.
* * *
Упражнение 7. Употребите следующие предложения как придаточные дополнительные, в роли главных используя предложения, данные в скобках. Сдвигайте времена в соответствии с правилом согласования времен (взято из учебника Ю.В.Голицынского).
- You will fall and break your leg. (I was afraid)
- My friend has never been to Washington. (I knew)
- She never drinks milk. (I was told)
- He is a very talented singer. (We were told)
- They live a happy life. (We knew)
- The children are playing in the yard. (She thought)
- Her friend will come to see her. (She hoped)
- Father has repaired his bicycle. (He thought)
- She knows English very well. (I supposed)
- Our sportsmen will win the game. (We were sure)
- He does not know German at all. (I found out)
- She made no mistakes in her dictation. (She was glad)
- He works on his English hard. (I knew)
- She dances better than anybody else. (I was told)
- My cousin has received a very interesting offer from his firm. (I learnt)
* * *
Упражнение 8. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. Oleg said, «My room is on the this floor.» 2. He said, «I am sure she will ring me up tomorrow.» 3. Michael said, «I saw them at my parents’ house last year.» 4. He said, “I haven’t seen my cousin today.» 5. She said, «I didn’t go shopping yesterday.» 6. Tom said, «I have already had breakfast here, so I am not hungry.» 7. He said, «I received a letter from him a week ago.» 8. «I am going to the theatre tonight,» he said to me. 9. Mike said, «I spoke to Mr Brown this morning.» 10. I said to them, «Now I can give you her mobile number.»
* * *
Упражнение 9. Передайте следующие повествовательные предложения в косвенной речи (взято из учебника Ю.В.Голицынского).
1.The woman said to her son, «I am glad I am here.» 2. Mike said, «We have bought these books today.» 3. She said to me, «Now I can read your translation.» 4. «This man spoke to me on the road,» said the woman. 5. «I can’t explain this rule to you,» my classmate said to me. 6. The teacher said to the class, «We shall discuss this subject tomorrow.» 7. Our teacher said, «Brontes’ novels are very interesting.» 8. She said, «You will read this book in the 9th form.» 9. Nellie said, «I read ‘Jane Eyre’ last year.» 10. «My friend lives in Moscow,» said Alec. 11. «You have not done your work well,» the teacher said to me. 12. The poor man said to the rich man, «My horse is wild. It can kill your horse.» 13. The rich man said to the judge, «This man’s horse has killed my horse.»
* * *
Перевод вопросительных предложений в косвенную речь (Reporting Yes/No Questions & Reporting Special Questions)
Упражнение 10. Передайте следующие специальные вопросы в косвенной речи (взято из учебника Ю.В.Голицынского).
1.Mother said to me, «Who has brought this parcel?» 2. He said to her, «Where do you usually spend your summer holidays?» 3. Ann said to Mike, «When did you leave London?» 4. She said to Boris, «When will you be back home?» 5. Boris said to them, «How can I get to the railway station?» 6. Mary asked Tom, «What time will you come here tomorrow?» 7. She asked me, «Why didn’t you come here yesterday?» 8. She asked me, «What will you do tomorrow if you are not busy at your office?» 9. I said to Nick, «Where are you going?» 10. I said to him, «How long are уou going to stay there?» 11.I said to him, «How long will it take you to get there?» 12. Pete said to his friends, «When are you leaving St. Petersburg? 13. He said to them, «Who will you see before you leave here?» 14. They said to him, «What time does the train start?» 15. I asked Mike, «What will you do after dinner?» 16. I asked my uncle, «How long did you stay in the Crimea?» 17. Ada said to me,»Where did you see such trees?» 18. I said to Becky, «What kind of book has your friend brought you?»
* * *
Упражнение 11. Передайте следующие общие вопросы в косвенной речи (взято из учебника Ю.В.Голицынского).
1.I said to Mike, «Have you packed your bags?» 2. I said to Kate, «Did anybody meet you at the station? » 3. I said to her, «Can you give me their address?» 4. I asked Tom, «Have you had breakfast?» 5. I asked my sister, «Will you stay at home or go for a walk after dinner? » 6. I said to my mother, «Did anybody come to see me?» 7. I asked my sister, «Will Nick call for you on the way to school? » 8. She said to the young man, «Can you call a taxi for me?» 9. Mary said to Peter, «Have you shown your photo to Dick?» 10. Oleg said to me, «Will you come here tomorrow?» 11. He said to us,»Did you go to the museum this morning?» 12. I said to Boris, «Does your friend live in London? «13. I said to the man, «Are you living in a hotel?» 14. Nick said to his friend, «Will you stay at home?» 15. He said to me,»Do you often go to see your friends? » 16. He said to me, «Will you see your friends before you leave St. Petersburg?» 17. Mike said to Jane, «Will you come to the railway station to see me off?» 18. She said to me, «Have you sent them a telegram? » 19. She said to me, «Did you send them a telegram yesterday?»
* * *
He asked, «Are you going to London?» and she answered, «Yes». — He asked if she was going to London and she answered that she was.
He asked, «Are you meeting him soon?» and I answered, «No». — He asked if I was meeting him soon and I answered that I was not.
Упражнение 12. Переведите общие вопросы и ответы на них в косвенную речь.
- He asked, «Are you a secretary?» and she said, «Yes.»
- He asked, «Do you know the password for his computer?» and she said, «No.»
- He asked, «Were you in the office when Pete checked the computers?» and she said, «Yes.»
- He asked, «Has Jack ever changed anything on this computer?» and she said, «Yes.»
- He asked, «Did you tell Pete about it?» and she said, «No.»
- He asked, «Did you see his records? and she said, «No.»
* * *
Перевод повелительных предложений в косвенную речь (Reporting Commands)
Упражнение 13. Передайте следующие повелительные предложения в косвенной речи.
1. The teacher said to me, «Hand this note to your parents, please.» 2. Oleg said to his sister, «Put the letter in an envelope and give it to Kate.» 3. «Let us help Henry with this work,» said Robert. 4. «Please bring me some fish soup,» he said to the waitress. 5. «Don’t worry over such a small thing,» she said to me. 6. «Please don’t mention it to anybody,» Mary said to her friend. 7. «Promise to come and see me,» said Jane to Alice. 8. He said, «Let us come here tomorrow».
* * *
Упражнение 14. Передайте следующие повелительные предложения в косвенной речи.
- I said to Mike, «Send me a telegram as soon as you arrive.»
- Father said to me, «Don’t stay there long.»
- Peter said to them, «Don’t leave the room until I come back.»
- «Take my luggage to Room 145,» he said to the porter.
- He said to me, «Ring me up tomorrow.»
- «Let us have a cup of black coffee,» she said to me.
- «Don’t be late for dinner,» mother said to us.
- Jane said to us, «Please tell me all you know about it.»
- She said to Nick, «Please don’t say anything about it to your sister.»
- The teacher says, «Let us speak English.»
* * *
Упражнение 15. Передайте косвенные вопросы в прямой речи.
- Ask me if I have seen the new film?
- Ask me if I went to see my friend?
- Ask me if my son is making good progress in English.
- Ask Mr.X. if he works in a newspaper office.
- Ask Mr.X. if his son earns his own living himself.
- Ask Mr.X. if he is single or married.
- Ask Mrs.X. if she has got an electric cooker.
- Ask Mr.X. if new weapons of destruction can completely destroy our civilization.
- Ask Mr.X. if scientific discoveries will be used for peaceful purposes.
- Ask Mr.X. if he is going abroad.
* * *
Упражнение 16. Передайте предложения в прямой речи.
- Ask your friend not to talk.
- Ask your friend not to ring her up now because it is too late.
- Ask your friend to tell us about his trip to England.
- Ask your friend not to speak too fast.
- Ask him to speak in a low voice.
* * *
Упражнение 17 (заключительное). Передайте в косвенную речь диалог между девочкой волком.
Wolf: “What have you got in the basket?”
The girl:”I have got a cake and some butter in it.”
Wolf: ”Where will you leave your basket?”
The girl: “I will leave it in my Granny’s house”
Wolf: ”Does your Granny live far from here?”
The girl: ”My Granny doesn’t live far from here.”
Wolf: “Who has made such a nice red cap for you?”
The girl: “My Granny has. She made it last summer.”
Wolf: “Stay here. Gather some flowers.”
Wolf: “Don’t hurry, Little Red Riding Hood (Красная шапочка)!”