В этом уроке мы рассмотрим некоторые важные английские конструкции, которые можно перепутать с уже изученной конструкцией USED TO.
Давайте начнем с глагола WOULD, который употребляется аналогично USED TO, а потом перейдем к другим похожим конструкциям GET USED TO и BE USED TO.
Конструкции Would. Правила и упражнения (advanced)
ПРИМЕР He would sit in the armchair for hours, looking through the window. — Он, бывало, часами сидел на кресле и смотрел в окно.
I used to love playing darts. — Я раньше любила играть в шахматы.
НЕЛЬЗЯ I would love playing darts. (love – глагол состояния)
Изучить подробнее Глаголы-действия и глаголы-состояния в английском языке
* * *
Конструкции Would VS Used to. Упражнения
Упражнение 1. Would VS Used to. Перефразируйте данные предложения. Используйте слова, выделенные жирным шрифтом, не изменяя их! Ваши предложения относятся к прошедшему времени.
- She doesn’t live in the village any more, I believe.(used to) — She ………………………, I believe.
- Whenever I told him that story he always laughed a lot. (would) — I used to tell him that story and he ………….. a lot.
- Is that the place where you lived before? (use) Did you ………………………. place?
- Before I moved in, I had no one to talk to. (use) Before I moved in, I ………………………. anyone to talk to.
- They usually had classes until lunch and games in the afternoon. (would) — When at school, they …………………….. have classes and games.
- Was it your habit to get up early in the morning? (use to) ……………………. to get up late in the morning?
* * *
Упражнение 2. Would VS Used to. Вставьте Used to или Would согласно правилам выше.
- I …. live near the railway line. When a train went past, the whole house … shake.
- Now the shelves of our local shop are empty. I remember they … be full of stuff some years ago.
- Every time my father was angry, he … struck the table.
- Every time my mother went out, she … always take an umbrella with her just in case.
Упражнение 3. Переведите текст, обращая внимание на глагол WOULD.
My friendship with Kathy wasn’t a perfect friendship. I learned very soon in our relationship that Kathy was jealous. We would have great fun going out shopping but if I bought, say, a dress for a party and she thought my dress was better than hers, she would start to say slightly unkind things about it. She would come out with me to buy the dress. She would give me a lot of helpful advice while I was trying on the various dresses in the shops. Her advice was always good. She would even tell the shop assistant if she thought the price was too high. I can remember one occasion when she said this and, to my surprise, they knocked the price down so that I could afford to buy it. The trouble would come later. When we were actually going to the party and we were both dressed, up and she was looking marvellous (for she was very beautiful) she would suddenly say, «I think, Sarah, we were both wrong about that dress. It looks a bit cheap, doesn’t it!»
* * *
Конструкции Get Used to, Be Used to. Правила и упражнения
- get used to – привыкать
- be used to – привыкнуть
- I have got used to going to work on foot. – Я привык ходить на работу пешком.
- They will get used to hot weather soon. – Они привыкнут к жаре скоро.
- I am used to drink tea instead of coffee. – Я привык пить чай вместо кофе.
* * *
1.после глаголов предпочтенияlove, like, enjoy, don’t mind, prefer, dislike, hate,
2. некоторых ДРУГИХ глаголов
3. некоторых устойчивых выражений (set-expressions)
Упражнение 4. В шуточном тексте ниже вы найдете эти глаголы и выражения. Выпишите их, разделив на три группы.
I have always thought that it’s no use (no good) DOING my homework. More than that, I have thought that it isn’t worth DOING at all. First, it takes all my free time. Second, what on earth is the use of DOING it? As for me, I prefer COPING my homework to DOING it on my own. To tell the truth, I can’t stand DOING it. That’s why I can’t help COPYING. As a result, I get used to CHEATING and now I have difficulty in STUDYING. Do you agree with me that there is no point in DOING homework? I am looking forward to hearing your opinion.
Слова, выделенные оранжевым шрифтом, — это слова-связки. Запомните их!
Упражнение 5. Use VS Used to VS get (be) used to. Вставьте в пропуски use, used to или be used to.
- When I was younge, I……… smoke a lot.
- The English …….. rainy weather.
- The police ….force while arresting the gangsters the other day.
- They …. this method for years.
- She … be a teacher.
- He … live in the country.