Итак, сегодня мы начинаем одну из важнейших тем «Здоровье», которая по-английски звучит «Health», а заодно поговорим и про болезни. И начнем с известной английской пословицы, которую вы найдете ниже.
«Здоровье важнее (лучше) богатства»
I feel well. (I am well.) = I am healthy.
I feel good. (I am good.) = I am happy.
Health. Английские слова для начинающих. Список №1
- feel well — чувствовать себя хорошо
- feel bad (unwell) — чувствовать себя плохо (нехорошо)
- be ill — болеть
- fall ill — заболеть
- pain — боль
- have a pain (in the leg, the heart, the neck, etc.) — болеть (о ноге, сердце, шее и т.д.)
- have a headache (earache, toothache, backache, stomachache, etc.) — болеть (о голове, ухе, зубе, животе, и т.д.)
- a bad headache — сильная головная боль
- stay in bed — находиться в постели
- have a (bad) cold — (сильно) простудиться
- have a (bad) cough — иметь сильный кашель
- have a running nose — иметь сильный насморк
- have a sore throat — иметь больное горло
- catch a cold/the flu — подхватить простуду (грипп)
- run a high temperature — температурить (иметь высокую температуру)
- medicine — лекарство
- take a medicine for headache — принимать лекарства от головной боли
- call a doctor in — вызвать врача
- go to the chemist’s — пойти в аптеку
- get well — поправиться
- hospital — больница
Text «Peter is ill»
(из пособия «Spoken English» Ю. Голицынский)
- examine — осмотреть
- precribe a medicine — выписать лекарство
- follow the instuctions — выполнять указания
Pete was going home from school. The weather was cold and rainy. Pete had no umbrella and no raincoat. When he came home, he fell ill. His mother told him to get into bed. In the evening Pete was running a temperature and had a headache. He had a running nose and a bad cough. His mother gave him hot tea with honey and a medicine for headache.
The next morning Pete had a sore throat and a bad headache. His temperature was thirty seven point six. So he had to stay in bed. His mother called the doctor in.
When the doctor came, he examined Pete’s throat and listened to his heart and lungs. He said that he had the flu and prescribed some medicine.
Pete’s illness was not very serious. He followed the doctor’s instructions, stayed in bed for three days and got well very soon.
Answer the questions to the text:
- What was the weather like when Pete was going home from school?
- Why did Pete fall ill?
- What symptoms did Pete have when he came home?
- What did Pete’s mother tell him to do?
- Was Pete running a temperature in the evening?
- What else was the matter with him?
- What did Pete’s mother give him for headache?
- How did Pete feel the next morning?
- What was Pete’s temperature in the morning?
- Why did Pete have to stay away from school?
- Pete’s mother called the doctor in, didn’t she?
- What did the doctor do?
- What was Pete ill with?
- What medicine did the doctor prescribe?
- How long was Pete to stay in bed?
- Was Pete’s illness very serious?
- Pete got well soon, didn’t he?
1. Get well! — Поправляйся!
2. I hate being ill. — Я ненавижу болеть.
3. I often have headaches. — У меня часто болит голова.